Sentry Security is a growing Chicagoland security company. Sentry Security specializes in the installation, service, maintenance, and monitoring of commercial solutions. Our services include integrated security services (intrusion, access control and video), and fire alarm systems with security and 24/7 video surveillance. Sentry’s workplace is built from day-to-day relationships with customers, colleagues, and vendors.
Do you thrive in a structured environment and possess high attention for accuracy, strong detailed execution, and excellent problem-solving skills? Be part of our professional, supportive, and engaging team.
As a Cash Manager, your central role is multi-faced. You will be responsible for recording vendor invoices into A/P, processing payments, reviewing, and providing financial transaction oversight in accordance with relevant accounting standards. In addition, you will oversee day-to day administrative operations, and support internal staff as well as customers.
- Manage, monitor, and process AP transactions involving cash receipts, disbursements, and inventory to general ledger account.
- Verify records, deposit cash checks and vouchers in bank account.
- Prepare, disburse, and follow vendor payment processes.
- Prioritize invoice according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Assists in weekly check runs and related administrative work.
- Input and post business transaction details to accounts in journals.
- Reconcile and balance accounts.
- Manage reports and spreadsheets.
- Responsible for invoice data entry, check preparation and mailing.
- Research, reviews, and investigates all discrepancies with invoice totals, and works with staff to maintain accounts, and track expenses.
- Reconcile products received with vendor invoices by matching bills against BOL, linking PO’s and confirmations.
- Communicate and collaborate with purchasing & sales departments.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies in budgets, and in reporting expenses.
- Organize, file, and store all accounting related documents.
- Monitor and maintain office /warehouse inventory and supplies.
- Perform vendor/account research as needed.
Qualified candidate must have:
- Associate degree or BA in Accounting preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in accounting.
- Strong Bookkeeping / Accounting knowledge and experience
- Excellent organizational, communication, data entry, active listening, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Demonstrates accuracy in the completion of tasks. Minimal supervision.
- Computer accounting software experience and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Perform well in an independent work environment while contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to pass background screening requirements or posses a valid IL PERC card.
- Criminal background check is a requirement for employment.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Additional office and team-based incentives
- Job Type & Schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday Day Shift – 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Professional, engaging, and supportive atmosphere