Sentry Security is a growing Chicagoland security company. Sentry Security specializes in the installation, service, maintenance, and monitoring of commercial solutions. Our services include integrated security services (intrusion, access control and video), and fire alarm systems with security and 24/7 video surveillance. Sentry’s workplace is built from day-to-day relationships with customers, colleagues, and vendors.
Do you possess strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills?
As a Collections/Accounting Clerk, you will be responsible for all activities associated with the collection of receivables in accordance with relevant accounting standards. The ability to work accurately, reliably, and effectively in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Accurately performs data entry to maintain, analyze, and review billing invoices using accounting software and spreadsheets.
- Works closely with Cash Applications to ensure payments expected are posted, applied and new aging statements are sent to customers.
- Initiates and supports collection efforts by communicating collection efforts for the A/R portfolio.
- Monitors daily cash receipts/applications for effective collection management and ensures accuracy to A/R.
- Tracks, research and updates daily accounts receivable summary for delinquency, account disputes, billing, and discrepancies.
- Performs account/payment reconciliations to minimize bad debt risks to the Company.
- Engages and creates a cooperative working relationship with the sales department and Project Managers.
- Cross-training in other office areas such as answering telephone and performing other assigned duties.
Qualified candidate must have:
- Excellent organizational, communication, data entry, active listening, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Associate degree or BA in Accounting preferred.
- 1–2-year clerical collections or accounting experience preferred.
- High level of computer knowledge.
- Ability to handle customer complaints and problem resolution.
- Perform well in an independent work environment while contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to pass background screening requirements.
- Criminal background check is a requirement for employment.
Salary, Perks, & Benefits
- Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 /year
- Additional office and team-based incentives
- Annually accrued vacation, 7 paid holidays, 3 paid sick days, 2 paid bereavement days
- 401K savings plan with company match after 1 year
- Medical and dental coverage
- Job Type & Schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Professional, engaging, and supportive atmosphere