Sentry Security is a growing independent Chicagoland security company. Sentry Security specializes in the installation, service, maintenance, and monitoring of commercial solutions. Our services include integrated security services (intrusion, access control and video), and fire alarm systems with security and 24/7 video surveillance. Sentry’s workplace is built from day-to-day relationships with customers, colleagues, and vendors.
Are you confident in fostering new relationships and implementing sales strategies? Join our talented, reliable, and valued sales team!
Sentry Security’s Sales Consultant is an essential member of the Sentry team. This position is an inbound and outbound sales opportunity in the Wheeling, IL area. In addition to fostering new prospective customers, the Sales Consultant will generate new sales within the existing Sentry customer base by upgrading systems, as well as selling new services and equipment.
- Generate new security/home automation systems sales by educating customers about Sentry Security as well as features and benefits of products to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Determine customer requirements and needs to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Present price and other terms in accordance with standard procedures.
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders and quotes.
- Work with office personnel, especially Project Managers, on sold install jobs.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with all Sentry colleagues.
- Maintain proficiency in using personal computer, customer management software and other common office equipment and software.
- Follow company policies and procedures – and model Sentry’s Core Values.
- Attend team meetings concerning sales targets, forecasts, and goals.
Qualified candidate must have:
- High school education or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior sales experience.
- Motivation, initiative, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively and persuasively over the phone and in person.
- The ability to overcome objections from sales leads and other prospects.
- Strong organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be honest, empathetic, assertive, and systematic.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to pass background screening requirements or possess a valid IL PERC card.
- Criminal background check is a requirement for employment.
Salary, Perks & Benefits
- Salary : $55,000 – $75,000 annual base salary plus uncapped commissions.
- Annually accrued vacation, 7 paid holidays, 3 paid sick days, 2 paid bereavement days,
- 401k Savings Plan with generous company match after 1 year.
- Medical and dental insurance.